Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Winter Olympics 2022 Gold Medalist

I have to admit, when Renee begged to take snowboarding lessons after watching the Backyardigans do it one day I had my doubts. But I figured what the heck, she will either take a lesson and hate it or it might be something that our amazingly coordinated mega spaz might enjoy. And lets be honest I can relish in the 3 hours of freedom and try and regain some of my youth on the slopes. Her first lesson was a riot. She got up and down she went. Her favorite part is ridding the chairlift, even though she has to be lifted on and off because she is vertically challenged. We also got to watch her in lightning speed cruise down the hill in surprisingly perfect form with her bright smile flashing because in her own words, "I'm just not a big fan of going slow." Needless to say snowboarding was a hit.

We are now 2 lessons in to our package of 5 and I must say Renee is emerging as a star. I was informed by her instructor this week that she is the best in the class and she wanted me to have her do some exercises to build up her strength so she could get her turning really well on her own. The only complaint I have is that Renee has informed me that skis are not cool and I need to snowboard. Her instructor told me to just join their class next week and she could help me, but I am just not so sure I want to have my 4 year old show me up. But I might just have to breakdown and take a lesson of my own and give snowboarding one more try. Can you really teach an old dog new tricks???? But all in all We both enjoy the experience, I am hoping now I can get Jeff out there and it will be something we can all do as a family when Hayden is finally old enough to join us!!! I will keep you posted on her progress. However if you look to Brighton and see pink streaking across the mountain, chances are you have just seen Renee.

4 comments:

emeryfam said...

YEH, you did it! Could your kids be any cuter? I'm so glad you have a blog it's fun to see your kids, they are getting too big-looks like it's time for another!

Adams family said...

Renee is so cute!!! My kids are skiing this year, lets go together! maybe watching Renee my kids will be up for snowboarding.

The Busjahn's said...

We have lessons every sunday. it is a ton of fun and I think I am going to try snowboarding again so I can be cool! We should definatly go together!!!

The Busjahn's said...

Sorry Heather!!!We our using medical birth control and it would take a lot of money to reverse!!!!